Early & Late FPP representing at the local bike night

:olaf:

Main Menu

Mikes XS Emulator clarification

Started by Spaceman7Spiff, June 11, 2024, 11:52:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

LMS

Would the adjustable caps help with front end stiffness or can a just cut the pvc pipe some?
75 RD350 bought 12/22. First motorcycle I have ever owned.

m in sc

the pvc does the same thing, just not externally adjustable and definitely nowhere near as pretty.   :love eyes:  :dawg:

but its preload adjustment, not stiffness per-say. has more to do with sag.

Spaceman7Spiff

Update: I wish I had read Teazer's comment before I finished everything but I stumbled through the preload and valve setup and here's how it happened.

I had no idea what kind of preload to go with for my new springs so I decided to match what it had with the stock setup and go from there.  As for the valve: I understand that it is designed for a heavier bike but as someone who generally prefers a slightly stiffer ride, I figured I'd go with the suggested 2 turns. I also used 10wt oil set to the Race-Tech suggestion of 140mm.

As you might have guessed, that amount of preload was WAAAY too much but I still didn't have any idea what amount to put in.  At this point I guessed that the logical first step would be to start at zero preload and go from there.

So I did that and to be honest, I still think it's a bit stiffer than I'd prefer but it's rideable for now.  Do you think I should set the valves to one turn?

m in sc

try it. can always go back if its too light.