News:

Check out this sweet Metrakit 80.

info here:  https://www.facebook.com/share/btopgenKLAC3cSoR/

Main Menu

74 RD350 build

Started by STLMike, October 28, 2023, 12:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STLMike, 85RZwade, m in sc, gargantua350 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

RustyRD

Yes it is, and a fine looking one at that. Workmanship is killer. :vroom:  :vroom:

The Red Scourge

'76 Yamaha RD400C
'71 Kawasaki G3SS
'88 Honda CBR400RR
'90 Yamaha FZR400/600 hybrid

m in sc

:clap:  i like it, very clean lines.  :patriot:

STLMike

Thanks all. I'm no professional bike builder or fabricator. I just enjoy spending time in my garage working on projects and will re-do things many times until I'm  happy. This project is taking longer than it should, I'm going as far as polishing ever nut, bolt, washer and even springs. This is the easy part to me. I'm more concerned with wiring up the HPI Ignition to run without a battery. I'll be reaching out for help on that one for sure.

Got the engine mounted in the frame tonight. no time for the bike tomorrow. I have a 16 year old daughter and am going to be installing a new stereo in her car tomorrow. I want her to have all the fancy wireless connectivity a new car has so she's not fumbling around with a phone. Then off on a little vacation for a week.

STLMike

Little more progress.
Can't decide between clubman or clip on bars.
Rims are polished and spokes/hubs black.
I'm trying to match the theme of my vette. Even the engine, black with a little shine

lawnboy

kpke

That's really cool using the matching theme there. Bike is looking great and nice Vette.
https://www.youtube.com/c/KensGarage1
Hord of RZ350's
RZV500 R6 Suspension and Bodywork
R1 LE #158

Pravin

Great looking build ...you can check Paulo Tarozzi Clip ons .. Clubmans are good but they really break the back : )

STLMike

Quote from: Pravin on July 23, 2024, 07:53:24 AMGreat looking build ...you can check Paulo Tarozzi Clip ons .. Clubmans are good but they really break the back : )

The previous owner added tele-fix clip on's. I decided to stick with those to save some $$$.

STLMike

A little more progress. Exhaust is hung, need to figure out a mounting solution since the mounts on the Spec II Exhaust don't quite line up with the slipstream rearsets. I spent a lot of time restoring the gauge cluster but nit really happy with how high it sits. Maybe once the headlight is on it will balance things out.
Waiting on a few parts to show up. Then, I'll get everything mounted amd start the part I dread the most....wiring!

Pravin

Quote from: STLMike on June 17, 2024, 09:33:08 PMEngine rebuild pretty much completed.

Clean !!!

Do I see the Intake on the exhaust side ? are the blocks mounted in reverse direction ?

Cheers,
Pravin