News:

happy 4th of July 2024!

Kevin Eves and his Cpt America scoot-ski (he's local)
and rides this thing everywhere!

Main Menu

New to me

Started by RustyRD, June 14, 2024, 01:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RustyRD

Okay, so I have spent the last month trolling FBmarketplace and stumbled across this find. I would like to know what you guys think as to what the value is as pictured would be. I will disclose what I paid after a few post are made. Thanks for playing along. I was very excited to find a stock, basically unmolested example of an RD. No keys to the bike so I have to map out the key situation.I am so curious as to how the inside of the tank looks.

m in sc

IR8D8R

I paid $800 for a 73 in similar condition around 5 years ago. It came with a spare engine and a box of spare parts. The engine in the bike wasn't stuck. About the same amount of rust as yours. I hosed it down with penetrating oil a few times and everything came apart OK.

IR8D8R

Kawtriplefreak

It's rough. I think that is an $800 motorcycle. If it has a title $1000-$1200.

RustyRD

Thanks for the input, I scored the new project for $300.00 . reminded me of deals back in the day. LOL

85RZwade

I hope you bought a lottery ticket as well, because it was clearly your lucky day. Congratulations on a great find!
I post waayyy too much

RustyRD

:bang:  :bang:  :bang: lottery ticket  dang it... your right Wade.   Thanks I feel like was a good deal..the plan is to keep a very stock appearance, I have the RD400 engine that John Ritter built a crank for and extensive and head work. I now have a fire lit under me to finish assembling the engine and install into the frame. Tires chain and sprockets, brakes ya know yada yada yada... 

350GUY

WOW! Congrats RUSTYYY

Simoniz

A very nice deal and a fun project. Good score there!

RustyRD

Thank you guys.  Should be fun to put one back to stock appearance instead of going away from stock.  At least in appearance. 

m in sc

yeah, good score indeed. they are def out there.

Jung

That's a cracking deal. Nice one!

SoCal250

Congrats! Nice score.
Keys should be fairly easy to acquire. Just get the key number off the lock and order from ebay. I've bought OEM NOS keys from seller rigentinc-cycle in the past.
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

RustyRD

Thanks for the info on the keys.

STLMike

Nice score
I'll allow you to double your money and sell it to me for $600  :dawg: