News:

Early & Late FPP representing at the local bike night

:olaf:

Main Menu

My favorite intake gasket dressing

Started by gardenhosebusabottle, June 15, 2024, 09:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gardenhosebusabottle

UK made hylomar and it is a pretty deep blue  :clap: ...easy on, easy off...i beleive that stuff is made of urethane. Love it.  I usually dress both sides of the gasket and install.  I believe yambits sells it.  The U.S. version sucks (permatex).

Anyone else use this stuff. 

Also, what i think it important.   i don't use the OEM allen heads for the intake manifolds.  I use these flanged? bolts w/ a flat washer that covers the round surface area nicely. that cover a wider surface area.  The heads on the allens are just too small for my taste. 

elliottles1

Hi,

i have used Hylomar since i was a kid, especially on crankcase halves and never had a leak once. also use it on both sides of all gaskets except head, same results. i like the way it never sets and never teases out like silicon based sealants.

good enough for Rolls Royce, good enough for me.

cheers
les

RDDave

Permatex has their own version of Hylomar. I use this instead of the Hylomar brand now. Essentially the same stuff. For those of us in the U.S., it is cheaper and more readily available. Most O'reilly's stock it. Many other parts stores probably do too.

www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c/permashield/permatex-permashield-2-ounce-rtv-silicone-sealant/perw/85420

pdxjim

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

Kawtriplefreak

I use Permatex anaerobic sealant. I also always use 2 gaskets. One between the head and reed cage, the other between the intake and reed cage.